For centuries, candles have been used in the home and sacred ceremonies to bring peace and warm into space. It was a necessity to light your home before the invention of electricity, but these days they are used to add a style, warmth and colour to your space. Scented candles are stapled household items that are not only used for home décor and for a wide range of practical purposes. They are more often used for creating a relaxing ambience that gives you pleasure. So, what the benefits of burning Jessica Jane scented candles? Below are some of them:
Help you remember positive memories.
Everyone loves to remember the good memories, and there might be a reason of light your favourite scented candle. When you feel sad and want to remember your good time, memories can be triggered by specific scented and give you a feeling of happiness if it overlaps with a specific time in your life. According to Psychology Today, several behavioural studies show that scents are likely to trigger intense emotional memories that can promptly boost your mood when you feel down. Whether you are feeling blue or having a bad day, lighting a scented soy candle that reminds you of a good time that can make you feel better. It will help you to overlook the tiny details of what you are going through.
To scent your home
If you want to subtly add a fragrance to your home, scented candles are probably the best way to achieve the same. There are several scented candles available that are the wonderful blend of essential oils work really well. You can use them in any room of your home that makes you feel delighted. Their delicious and overpowering scent help you feel relax and soothe your mind that includes French pear, sandalwood and lavender.
It can improve your mood.
As mentioned above, the scented candles help you remember the positive memories; similarly, they have the same properties to improve your mood. According to one study in which 12 people participated who were depressed stated that the scent of lemon helped them lower their daily dose of an anti-depressant, regulate their hormone level and boost their mood. So, if you are a feeling down and want to lift up your mood, then try to light candles with rosemary or citrus scents. You can even use them while you meditate to clear your mind and to try to focus on the refreshing scent.
Are you struggling to fall asleep at night? If so, you probably sit up on the couch and watching TV or scrolling through your phone. The screens emit blue light that keeps you awake longer at night. However, lighting a candle can add warmth to your room and create a relaxing ambience to your space. The flickering candle flame will help you drift off, and your eyelids get heavy. When you go to bed at night, light your bedroom with scented candle UK
It also alleviates stress.
Most of the people include scented candles in their self-care routine that not only create a calming atmosphere but also ease stress. Some scented candles are especially used during the aromatherapy to improve sleep quality and help with depression and anxiety. It also eases with nausea and pain, which are the side effects of certain treatments like cancer. When you feel too much overwhelming, but there is no such thing that can help you feel relax, light a candle with notes of bergamot, lavender, and chamomile and pray to God, you will feel your stress go down.
10 Rules For Candle Safety
Candles are a way of life for many British as well as people across the world. Until the mid-1800s, candles provided the only reliable light after the sun went down each evening. Candles were an essential part of life. Candles continue to be an important part of life for their esthetic qualities. However, candle safety remains as important today as it was in ancient times. Candles require an open flame that must be treated with respect. Follow these ten scented candle safety rules to ensure that your candle experience is always a positive one.
- Always keep candles within sight.
- Keep candles away from anything combustible such as curtains and hanging plants. Take care to place candles where open flames will not be able to touch anything. Plants, wall hangings and window curtains can catch fire.
- Keep candles away from drafts, fans or heating vents. Drafts can blow flames and sparks or might blow a curtain into the path of the candle. Take care to make sure candles is placed away from drafts.
- Make sure candles are kept away from children and pets. Children and pets share an innocent curiosity about all things. Good candle safety is very important in regard to children and pets. Open flames can be very attractive to both until they are burned. Hot wax can burn as well, so be sure that candles are placed away from children and pets.
- Never leave candles unattended. When you leave the house or going to another room, make sure to extinguish candles. Candles are safe when used properly, but should not be left unattended when burning.
- Never use a candle as a nightlight. Good candle safety requires you always extinguish candles when sleeping.
- Keep candle wicks trimmed to one-quarter inch, wicks longer than one-quarter inch creates taller flames and emit more soot. Check wicks each time the candle is lit.
- Stop using any jar candles when less than a half-inch of wax left in the jar.
- Always use a candleholder designed for the candle being burned. Make sure the candleholder used is stable and designed for the type of candle being burned.
- Always follow manufacturer directions for burning candles. Read the candle safety instructions that come with scented candles.
Scented candles remain very popular and add style to your home, especially during the holidays. Keep candle safety in mind at all times, and you can safely enjoy having candles in your home.