Soy wax candles are a healthy alternative to the paraffin wax candles. Most of the candles are made from paraffin wax, which is derived from petroleum oil and other products that are harmful to humans when burned. Jessica Jane candles are made with soy wax, which is made from soybean oil. Soy candles are eco-friendly, cost-effective, and natural that creates a peaceful ambiance and soothes the mind. We use natural essentials for scented soy candles, and these essential oils are phthalate-free and derived from the good ingredients.
- When soy candles are burned, there are no harmful toxins that are emitted in the air.
- Soy candles have a lower melting point that allows it to burn longer than other types of wax candles. Moreover, it burns cleaner than a paraffin wax candle.
- It allows for scents to blend better with the soybean oil bringing stronger fragrances than other wax candles.
Benefits of soy candles:
Soy scented candle comes with a number of benefits that include:
Soy candles are 100 % natural because they are made from soybeans, which grow in many regions. On the other hand, paraffin candles are not made from a renewable source, i.e., petroleum, which contains the carcinogenic substances which are harmful to the human body. If you want to indulge in a candle, then natural soy wax is the safest option.
Soy wax candles burn cleaner that means zero toxins, pollutants, and carcinogens that are less likely to trigger allergies. Soy wax is healthier not only for us but for the environment also.
As mentioned above, its melting point is lower than traditional paraffin wax- means it burns cooler and will last longer than it. The extended life of scented soy candles helps you to enjoy its delicious fragrance for much longer.
Soy candles are considered as highly scented aromatherapy candles due to their stronger smelling. Its scent is emitted into the air that surrounds the wick. Its melting point is lower; that means a larger pool around the wick will contribute to a stronger aroma.
Biodegradable and water-soluble
Soybeans are vegetables and soy wax from their oil. So it is water-soluble and biodegradable.
How to make your own soy candle:
If you haven’t tried soy candle making before, you may be wondering what the fuss is all about, why a lot of people are so engrossed in making these wax products, and what they get from this activity.
To give you an idea of why a lot of people are fond of this activity and why there is a growing desire for soy candle making kits, here are the top most common reasons:
- Relaxing: With all the work piled up and the busy lifestyle you have, candle making is a great way to sit down, get a hold of yourself, and spend some time doing something that will relax and ease your mind. This is indeed an efficient way to reduce stress. After you’ve created your candle masterpieces, there’s nothing left to do but to rest your mind and immerse yourself into the sweet relaxing aroma of these candles.
- Fun and interesting hobby. This is one of those hobbies that actually make you feel productive. Unlike watching television or just hanging out, this activity results in an end product, one that gives you that sense of achievement. And because there are so many types of candles to make, you will never get bored or run out of ideas.
- Simple and easy to do. This does not involve complex mathematical or logical skills that will just stress your mind rather than relax it. There are many simple step-by-step instructions that are available online that will guide you in your candle making activity.
- Inexpensive pastime. You actually save money when you purchase an affordable candle-making kit to help you with this activity. And just like eco-friendly soy candles, soy candle making kits are also widely available online.
- Can turn into a profitable business. Only a few hobbies can be turned into a money-earning activity. This is one of them. Once you’ve gotten the hang of it, you can turn your candles into profit and add more to the household budget. Not only is it an inexpensive hobby, but it can also even generate additional income.
- Outlet of expression and creativity. Itching to get those pent-up creative talents and artistic skills to work? You don’t need to enrol in painting classes or force yourself to create sculptures. Your art masterpieces can come in the form of candles. You can even make candle arrangements with the candles you’ve made and use the hidden artistic talents you have in you.
- It can be used for decoration of the home. You can’t deny that these candles are both functional and stylish. Thus they make nice adornments to your home. You can use it as an alternative source of light, a means to make the ambiance more relaxing and inviting, and a way to make your home more homey and pleasing to the eyes.
- Environment friendly. These are eco-friendly products and are made from natural renewable resources, so there should be no worry about hurting Mother Nature in any way.
- Nice personalized gift. You can give to people who are close to you. A candle maker never runs out of gift ideas to give to family and friends because these candles are appropriate for any occasion.
The truth is, you will only experience the real rewarding feeling of candle making if you try it for yourself. So gather your candle making kit and have fun in your candle-making venture!
A candle-buying tip if you are not a good DIYer
Most candle makers advertise their scented candles as being scented soy candles, but actually, they are a blend of soy and other substances. So be sure to read the labels, and if the labels say that the candle is not 100% soy, then don’t buy it.
Are you ready to pick out your candle?
At Jessica Jane, we use natural and high quality hand-crafted soy candles. We are experts in producing highly scented candles in up to 10 scents that will make your home into a calming haven. Check our collection and choose soy candles in your favorite scent.